About us and our objectives
Our objectives are to further hospital pharmacy in all its aspects. This includes:
- To promote the exchange of views on professional subjects relating to the duties and responsibilities of hospital pharmacists.
- To promote pharmaceutical care for patients in hospital-related facilities.
- To foster continuous education programmes for hospital pharmacists.
- To promote realisation of the goals of FIP as they apply to hospital pharmacists.
- To pay particular attention to the needs of developing countries.
- To promote integrating pharmacy services through communication and collaboration with other sections.
Our vision for hospital pharmacy is set out in the revised Basel Statements on the future of hospital pharmacy. This document contains consensus statements by hospital pharmacists from around the world that were initially developed at the inaugural FIP Global Conference on the Future of Hospital Pharmacy in Basel, Switzerland, in 2008. Find out more about the Basel Statements here.
We undertake many activities within the framework of our objectives and vision.
How we work
The Hospital Pharmacy Section’s Executive Committee (ExCo) consists of:
|President (2018-2022) Mr Robert Moss (Netherlands)|
|Secretary (2016-2020) Dr Rebekah Moles (Australia)|
|Assistant Secretary (2016-2020) Dr Jonathan Penm (Australia)|
|Treasurer (2018-2022) Dr Ryan A. Forrey (USA)|
|Immediate Past President (2018-2022) Dr Marianne F. Ivey (USA)|
|Vice President - Africa (2018-2022) Mr Mujahid Valji (Tanzania)|
|Vice President - Western Pacific (2016-2020) Ms Chun-Yu (Mary) Wang (China Taiwan)|
|Vice President - Europe (2018-2022) Dr Josep M. Guiu-Segura (Spain)|
|Vice President - Japan (2018-2022) Prof. Yoshikazu Tasaki (Japan)|
|Vice President - The Americas (2018-2022) Dr John B. Hertig (USA)|
|Vice President - Eastern Mediterranean (2018-2022) Dr Waël Abi Ghanem (Lebanon)|
|Vice President - Southeast Asia (2016-2020) Mr Eurek Ranjit (Nepal)|
2020-21 Hospital Pharmacy Section Executive Committee
All members of the Hospital Pharmacy Section are eligible to be a member of the executive committee. All executive committee members are elected for four years and may be re-elected for one further four-year term. The president and the immediate past president normally only serve one four-year term.
Click to download the HPS statutes in a pdf.
The Hospital Pharmacy Section also runs the following committees:
Basel Statements Promotion Committee
Social Media Committee
The HPS annual report is available here.